For this weekâ€™s â€˜Because I Said Soâ€™ MammDJane and I will be answering a question submitted by an anonymouseader r.Â They sent me an email and asked how I decided what to name my daughter.Â I am not sure how MammDJane is going to answer but I thought I would give some tips on how to name your kid and let you decide to what to take away.
- Don’t name your kid after a celebrity.Â Just because Eric Church (country artist) or Robert Pattinson (Twilight) or Kim Kardashian (reality star) are popular now, does not mean they will be when the your kid is older.Â That is not to say Eric, Robert, and Kim are not great names.Â Just don’t let them be the reason you name your kid that.
- Don’t name your kid after a month, a season, or a weather condition.Â I am not bashing anyone named April, Summer or Snow but try to avoid it.
- Avoid cartoon characters, movie characters, or songs names.
- Avoid unique spellings.Â Just because you think it is clever, probably means hell for your kid.
- Think of every rhyme for the name you are considering because some little punk kid will.
- Pick something that means something. If your Nana was named Summer, Loreli, or Jakob that negates all the above rules.
My daughter’s name is Danielle.Â She was named after her grandfather (my wife’s dad).Â His name is Danny.Â She is called Danni.Â All this from a guy who answers to the name Buck Rogers.
Head over to MammDJane to for her take on this week’s Because I Said So – Mom Edition.Â According to an recent article, 5 New Considerations Parents Must Make When Naming A Baby, you should look up and see if the name you choose is an available domain, twitter handle, and/or a vanity Facebook.
Do you have any tips? What you name your kid and why?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.