Last year, I wrote down 10 New Year’s Resolutions. With 2009 about to come to a close, I thought I should look back and check my progress and see how I did.Â Looking back at these goals, I realize that some of them were counter active.Â Trying to get out of debt but wanting to buy a 2nd car go together like oil and water.Â I guess I was trying to make vinegar.
1. Find a way to make additional income through blogs and stores:Â I was able to make a little money but not enough to really make a difference in my life.Â Progress: 1/4 completed
2. Get out of debt: We accomplished this in April.Â We owed nothing but then the economy took a nose dive.Â The cost of things went up and I did not make enough.Â I took on a 2nd and 3rd job.Â My wife started working.Â We went back into debt.Â We have been there for awhile. Progress: 1/2 completed
3. Buy a 2nd Car: My truck broke down so we had to get a new to us car.Â I then got the truck fixed and we had two cars.Â It also did not help us staying out of debt. Progress: Completed
4. Teach daughter to ride a bike: Santa is bringing a bike this year so I think this will be completed shortly.Â She sort of knows how to do it.Â We tried bikes out in the store and she seems to get it.Â Progress: TBD
5. Teach daughter to swim: Didn’t even try. Progress: Incomplete
6. Take my wife on a honeymoon: Didn’t even try. Progress: Incomplete
7. Find a church: We found a church.Â Progress: Completed
8. Get daughter baptized: This happened at the same time as #7.Â Progress: Completed
9. Buy a treadmill: We bought one in April.Â Progress: Completed
10. Lose weight: I lost about 30lbs but since have gained it all back.Â Progress: 1/2 completed
Overall Progress: 5 1/4 completed with a possible 6th.
In 2010, I am going to make 1 resolution.Â I have hinted about what it is on Twitter.Â It is one of the common ones but I am going to blog about its progress here often to hold myself accountable.
How did you do in 2009? Have you decided on your 2010 resolution(s) yet?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Have you planned your January budget yet? | Justmoney News (justmoney.co.za)
- Giving Thanks in 2009 (momblognetwork.com)
- iPhone Owners Aren’t New Year’s Resolution Gym Members (thecombustionchamber.com)
- ’2010′ numerals delivered to Times Square (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.