Downtown Paul blogged about where to watch college football downtown. Although I won’t go into as much details as he did, I don’t count TVs, I thought I give Memphis so other options. Out East to me anywhere that is not in Midtown or Downtown
1. Rafferty’s on Germantown Parkway. Okay I lied. I can count the TVs there because I worked there for a year. There are 9 (6 inside, 3 on patio) I think. All of them are CRTs so if you are wanting to watch in high-def to you are out of luck. They have one big screen with surround sound for inside and outside. Bartenders are friendly and have 99 cent draft (it might be a little more like $1.07) on Bud Light and Killians. This is my family friendly option (i.e. non-smoking)
2. T.J. Mulligans on Trinity. I am not sure how much in the way of TVs there are but there is a lot. They also carry all the sports channels and packages. Only problem they are smoking
3. Brookhaven. Again not sure of the amount of TVs but they do have HD ones. Also it is hard to find a seat that you can’t see a TV from. They have all the sports channels and sports packages. They usually run specials during the games. Smoking outside but hey its outside.
4. Dan McGuiness. I love this feature about this bar. It has small HD TVs for each booth. One large projection screen in the middle. There is also a smoking and non-smoking side.
5. (Tie) Fox N Hound Sanderlin and Cordova. Both smoking bars which means you have to 21 or older. They have lots of TVs and all the sports packages.
6. (Tie) Stay home and go to the game. I reccomend that you go to the game. For the most part it is a safe family enviorment as long as you don’t sit next to my brother and me at a UT vs Memphis game in years pass.
Anybody else got a suggestion?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.